Pages

Three of my Favorite things to do: cook, eat, and look for new recipes to try! I grew up with a mother that was a great cook and have loved carrying that tradition over into my own home. This is a compilation of recipes that I've tried and liked, where I found them, how I made them, and what I think about them. Cooking is, for me, an expression of love. Enjoy!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken

I'd been eyeballing this little gem for a couple of weeks before I decided to try it.  Cutter loves rice right now so I'm always looking for different things to top it with.  Crock pot recipes rarely seem to turn out better than I expect, so I was pretty surprised and happy with this one!  
***I did make some major changes: I halved the honey, and probably next time would cut it down to 1/3 cup, then I substituted the canola oil for sesame oil.  Much better!  I left out the chili flakes for Cutter but next time I will definitely put them in--it could have used a little kick.  Served with roasted broccoli--yummm!  And so easy!  Made the whole house smell great!  The chicken was a little dry, but isn't that the norm when you cook it for 2+ hours???

No comments:

Post a Comment