Pages

Three of my Favorite things to do: cook, eat, and look for new recipes to try! I grew up with a mother that was a great cook and have loved carrying that tradition over into my own home. This is a compilation of recipes that I've tried and liked, where I found them, how I made them, and what I think about them. Cooking is, for me, an expression of love. Enjoy!

Friday, October 26, 2012

Chicken Caribe

If you like curry and you like sweet, this is a super easy chicken recipe that I love!  My mom made this when I was a kid and I always loved it-I'm definitely a curry/sweet/savory lover.

3-4 chicken breasts (I usually slice them in half lengthwise so they cook faster)
For dredging:
1/4 cup flour, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp curry powder, 1/2 tsp paprika
Dredge and brown on each side

Meanwhile combine in a pot over med heat:
1 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar

Thicken, then pour over chicken in a 9x13 pan.  Add pineapple chunks.  Bake 30 min at 350.
I always serve this over rice

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you are just so sweet to pay me such a compliment, but you are so much more creative and innovative than I ever was! We miss being your guests for dinner, it was always such a treat!!!

    Love,
    Momsa

    ReplyDelete