Pages

Three of my Favorite things to do: cook, eat, and look for new recipes to try! I grew up with a mother that was a great cook and have loved carrying that tradition over into my own home. This is a compilation of recipes that I've tried and liked, where I found them, how I made them, and what I think about them. Cooking is, for me, an expression of love. Enjoy!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Buttermilk Chocolate Cake

It's called AMAZING Buttermilk Chocolate Cake, and it IS!
This recipe fully stood up to its name.  Pretty easy to put together, extremely moist yet light, it's an all around great chocolate cake if you're looking to make something NOT out of a box.  The instructions were spot on, very thorough, so no surprises, which is always a plus.
In looking around for the perfect fluffy and light frosting, I chose this one.
The only thing I'd try different next time is in choosing my cocoa powder.  I've heard Dutch cocoas are delicious and the Hershey's I used left me wanting a little something more...

No comments:

Post a Comment