Pages

Three of my Favorite things to do: cook, eat, and look for new recipes to try! I grew up with a mother that was a great cook and have loved carrying that tradition over into my own home. This is a compilation of recipes that I've tried and liked, where I found them, how I made them, and what I think about them. Cooking is, for me, an expression of love. Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Oreo poke cake

It is so cliche, but I just can't help it.  The older the get, the more I love chocolate.
And in the last few years, I've rekindled my love affair with Oreos.  I just can't resist them.
Very few ingredients, very little work, and totally yummmmm!
*I used chocolate pudding instead of Oreo
***Make your pudding and pour it immediately!!! It sets up super fast, so if you wait even 2 minutes, it will be gloppy and won't sink in as well.  That's what I did the first time and I let it sit for a good 8 hours before we ate it, so it wasn't a total bust, but it would have been better if I had done it ASAP.  
This recipe can go SO many ways!!! Lemon cake with lemon pudding, spice cake with butterscotch pudding, chocolate with banana, chocolate with mint, I could keep going and going!

No comments:

Post a Comment