Pages

Three of my Favorite things to do: cook, eat, and look for new recipes to try! I grew up with a mother that was a great cook and have loved carrying that tradition over into my own home. This is a compilation of recipes that I've tried and liked, where I found them, how I made them, and what I think about them. Cooking is, for me, an expression of love. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

White trash macaroni salad

I have never liked macaroni salad.  Mostly because they generally have egg in them which is a no no fo me.  But usually they are gloppy messes with weird jiggly things added to them.  

One time, years ago, I had a very simple macaroni salad that I fell in love with.  It has 5 ingredients and couldn't be simpler.  It's also kind of ghetto.  I've never seen it anywhere else, but it's the only kind I've ever eaten and probably ever will eat!  It's not the kind of thing I would ever serve guests because it's silly, but I have a little place in my heart for the only macaroni salad that ever won it.

Cooked salad macaroni
Tiny cubes of sharp cheddar and baby kosher pickles
A big ole scoop of mayo
A super big squirt of yellow mustard
A drizzle of pickle juice

Mix and eat in the secrecy of your own home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment