Pages

Three of my Favorite things to do: cook, eat, and look for new recipes to try! I grew up with a mother that was a great cook and have loved carrying that tradition over into my own home. This is a compilation of recipes that I've tried and liked, where I found them, how I made them, and what I think about them. Cooking is, for me, an expression of love. Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pancakes perfected

Finally!!!
I am a terrible pancake maker.  Just not one of the life skills I was born with OR able to ever cultivate.  They always turn out mushy, hard, crispy on the outside and raw on the inside, burned, whatever, you name it, I've ruined a pancake with it.
I finally came across a fool proof pancake recipe.  AND finally got over my OCD urge to mix that batter til it was lump free.  I didn't mess with anything and made sure to have the buttermilk and the malted milk.  Also, I dragged out the old broken griddle. 
Light, fluffy, perfectly cooked.

1 comment:

  1. Have I ever told you about my perfect banana pancake recipe?? It is THE BEST!!! We just made them for breakfast yesterday! Light, fluffy, perfect every time. Perfect with chocolate chips!

    ReplyDelete