Pages

Three of my Favorite things to do: cook, eat, and look for new recipes to try! I grew up with a mother that was a great cook and have loved carrying that tradition over into my own home. This is a compilation of recipes that I've tried and liked, where I found them, how I made them, and what I think about them. Cooking is, for me, an expression of love. Enjoy!

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Ham and potato soup

I had this soup at my sister-in-laws house.  She must have a magic touch because I've tried to make it about 5 times and although it is easy and delicious, I still haven't been able to make it quite as good as she did.  I'm gonna keep trying though!  It's basic, foolproof, hearty, and comforting. 
*Notes: I use Yukon gold potatoes for a creamier texture in the soup.  Also, the more flavorful the ham is, the more flavor the soup has.  Once I used store bought ham, not so great.  I usually wait to make this when I have leftover spiral ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment