Pages

Three of my Favorite things to do: cook, eat, and look for new recipes to try! I grew up with a mother that was a great cook and have loved carrying that tradition over into my own home. This is a compilation of recipes that I've tried and liked, where I found them, how I made them, and what I think about them. Cooking is, for me, an expression of love. Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Basic Taco Meat

I LOVE me some good taco meat.  I remember as a kid my mom barking at us, "Don't take so much meat--fill your tacos with veggies and leave some for everyone else to eat!"  I always thought she was crazy and Hello, now I find myself "barking" at my husband as he scoops 1/2 a cup of taco meat onto his tortilla, "Not so much meat!!!"  Oh, and I won't pretend that I don't hide the leftovers in the back of the fridge so he doesn't scoop it out during the rest of the week, if there ever even are leftovers!
Here's how I do it:
1 lb. lean ground beef OR ground turkey
1 chopped onion, garlic cloves (or garlic powder if I'm lazy)
Brown, drain off fat if the fat content is higher than 7%
Add 1 can tomato sauce and then spice it up:
Salt, pepper, cumin, dark red chili powder, cayenne pepper all to taste.
(I never measure anything, I just keep adding until I like it)

No comments:

Post a Comment