Pages

Three of my Favorite things to do: cook, eat, and look for new recipes to try! I grew up with a mother that was a great cook and have loved carrying that tradition over into my own home. This is a compilation of recipes that I've tried and liked, where I found them, how I made them, and what I think about them. Cooking is, for me, an expression of love. Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Red Lentil Coconut Soup

Well, the weather is supposed to heat up tomorrow so I thought I'd better make this soup while I had the chance, even though I'd already made an entire dinner for the neighbors across the street that just had a baby.  Soup was just on my brain, so I threw it all together in less than 20 minutes!  It was really easy and super flavorful. 
*Notes: This is a vegan recipe, but I thought it needed a little more umph so I browned some ground turkey and it was perfect, and also added some chicken base to the water.  Also, I served it over Japanese short grain rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment