Pages

Three of my Favorite things to do: cook, eat, and look for new recipes to try! I grew up with a mother that was a great cook and have loved carrying that tradition over into my own home. This is a compilation of recipes that I've tried and liked, where I found them, how I made them, and what I think about them. Cooking is, for me, an expression of love. Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Christmas Morning Casserole

Mmmmm.  I'm remembering Christmas morning all over again!  I was tired of the same old hashbrown and sausage casserole, so when I found this I was totally excited to try it out.  It's more of a savory bread pudding, and it was awesome!  The bacon and ham were the perfect texture addition.  Next time I think I might add some potatoes, not quite sure how, but for my hate of all things soggy there was just a little bit too much soggy bread in the middle and I think some potatoes would firm it up a bit.  I was worried about soaking it overnight (yes I have serious food texture issues), but it work out perfectly.  It was actually a breeze to put together on Christmas Eve and made the house smell lovely while we were busy ripping open presents.
*Note: I used Trader Joe's Cheddar&Gruyere mix instead

No comments:

Post a Comment